Monarch is an amazing legendary assault rifle in Borderlands 3, and it was manufactured by Vladof. There are only two ways to get this rifle in the game, and this guide will teach you both of them.
Monarch’s unique ability is called The deadly sting of the monarch! and it delivers that with the following perks.
- Monarch has increased damage.
- When you fire, it always shoots 3 to 10 bullets at a time.
- The fired bullets look like a crown.
- If you aim, the bullets will have a much smaller spread.
- Monarch always comes with a knife and bipod.
- When you use this rifle with the bipod, you can fire double the amount of bullets, increase accuracy, and reduce recoil and sway.
Monarch with NoPewPew works well with one of Amara’s builds, making it a great weapon. This legendary assault rifle can come with the following elements or none at all.
- Fire – it is effective against flesh enemies.
- Shock – it is effective against shielded enemies.
- Corrosive – it is effective against armored enemies.
- Cryo – it slows down enemies and eventually freezes them.
- Radiation – it deals damage to enemies over time and can also spread to other nearby enemies when they die.
How to get Monarch
As mentioned, there are two different ways to get Monarch in Borderlands 3. In both these methods, you have to kill a boss, and here are your chances for getting Monarch from each of them.
- Sera of Supremacy has a 50% chance to drop Monarch.
- Killavolt at Mayhem 6 or above has a 16.5% chance of dropping Monarch.
Among these two, your best bet is to farm Sera of Supremacy since he has better chances of dropping the rifle. To find him, you have to go to The Hall Obsidian, and you will see this boss where the Trial of Supremacy side mission takes place.