There are various different weapons in Borderlands 3, one of which is the Sand Hawk. It’s a legendary sniper rifle that was manufactured by the Dahl. If you want to get this rifle, you have to defeat the boss that drops it.
There are certain unique abilities that come with Sand Hawk in Borderlands 3, and they are as follows.
- It consumes three ammo per shot, but it does a lot of damage.
- You will have increased accuracy.
- It fires a burst of seven projectiles that fly like a bird opening their wings.
Sand Hawk is an exceptional choice if you like to fight at close to mid-range, but it becomes pretty useless at long-range. You can use it with some Zane builds that are focused on close to mid-range combat.
Additionally, it’s worth noting that Sand Hawk can be dropped with five different elements, as given below.
- Radiation – deals damage to enemies over time and can also spread to other nearby enemies when they die.
- Fire – is effective against flesh enemies.
- Shock – is effective against shielded enemies.
- Cryo – slows down enemies and eventually freezes them.
- Corrosive – is effective against armored enemies.
How to get Sand Hawk
There is only one way to get Sand Hawk in Borderlands 3, which is via Katagawa Jr boss at Mayhem level 6 or above. Remember that this boss is not guaranteed to drop a Sand Hawk, and there is only a chance that he will, as below.
- Katagawa Jr has a 16.5% chance of dropping the Sand Hawk.
Katagawa Jr is part of the main Borderlands 3 story and you have to defeat him during the Atlas, At Last mission. But remember, you have to fight him at Mayhem level 6, which you can enable by going to the character menu and choosing the Mayhem option.